The Nevada SILC is currently looking for a youths from age 10-30 to join the newly formed Youth Action Council.
If you are interested in providing a voice for youth with disabilities, becoming more active in self-advocacy, and have ideas that will improve the lives of people with disabilities, you are in the right place!
Requirements to become a volunteer for the Youth Action Council (YAC):
- Young Adult with Disability.
- Willing to work on a council with 4-5 members.
- Willing to work 1-2 hours a week as a Youth Action Council volunteer member .
- Help students transition from High School into a successful adult life.
- Work as a team to come up with ways to help students transition by educating students about the Independent Living Network (IL Network) and what resources they have for young adults with disabilities accomplish their goals after high school.
- Willing to attend a quarterly meeting that follows Open in Nevada.
- Meetings will be open to the community.
- Work with high schools to get the word out about the IL Network.
- Be willing to commit to NV SILC Code of Ethics
Please provide the following information in the Message box below.
Date of Birth:
Why do you think you’d be a good fit for the youth action council?