The Nevada SILC is currently looking for a young adult leader to guide our Youth Action Council (YAC) and promote Independent Living for youth before, during and after transitioning from high school.
This Youth Leader should have the following experience and skills:
- Be over 18 with a disability
- Be able to coordinate youth events and activities
- Be willing to apply for SILC Council membership
- Be passionate about finding creative ways to promote the empowerment of youth with disabilities and give them a voice in Nevada.
- Be responsible for managing the Youth Action Council for the SILC, including writing policies and procedures and establishing training protocols.
- Experience with IEP’s is preferred.
- Chair and/or coordinate YAC meetings with the SILC Executive Director and Chair/Vice Chair.
- Be willing to travel to different states up to four times per year for conferences and trainings.
This will be a part-time, contracted position and will receive paid scholarships to attend various IL conferences across the Nation, with State-paid per diem and travel/lodging accommodations included. If you are interested, please send us your Resume/CRV and three references per the instructions below.
Application instructions here (you may submit prior to February 1):